Accessing the site
Site opening: 6PM
You can make your way to the Canadian Museum of History on your bike, via the STO’s regular or dedicated shuttle service (our choice!) or by car. If you choose to take your vehicle, do not forget to consider regular rush hours as well as times preferred by Sound of Light fans.
From Gatineau :
The Canadian Museum of History (Laurier St.) is easily accessible via Alexandre-Taché, des Allumettières or Fournier Blvds.
From Ottawa :
Bridges that lead to Laurier St (via the Alexandra* or Portages Bridges), Taché Blvd (via the Chaudière or Champlain Bridges) or Fournier Blvd (MacDonald-Cartier Bridge) can be used to get to the Canadian Museum of History (Laurier St.).
*Please note that the Alexandra Bridge will temporarily be closed from 8:30 to 10:15 PM on the nights of the event.
With the assistance of ridesharing.com, ridesharing is now an alternative to easily and pleasantly get to the site of the event. You already can plan your ride if you are a driver who wants to help the other or request a driver as a passenger. Either way, this solution is useful, easy to use and better for the environment!
Use the promotional code GFCLAC17 to get a 4$ discount on booking fees for long distance ride on Ridesharing.com
Water Taxi Service (Aqua-Taxi)
Looking for a fun and original way to get to the site? The Aqua-Taxi from Au feel de l’eau brings you from the Ottawa docks straight to museum’s docks!
If you’re coming by car, here’s some useful parking information.
Canadien Museum of History
- Accessible via Laurier Street
- Rate : $12.50 per vehicle
- First come, first served
- Parking and Laurier Street closed after the fireworks until site has been evacuated or until 10:15 PM.
- Accessible via Victoria Street (corner Notre-Dame-de-l’Île)
- Rate: $ 10
- Limited space – First come, first served
Parking around the site
- Different choices in the Hull sector
- Many different lots available close to our Gourmet Partners, within a short walking distance to the event
- Rate decided by the operator, not controlled of the event
Street Parking on Gatineau Streets
- Parking in the streets of Gatineau, subject to regular municipal bylaws
The event, its organizers, sponsors or collaborators cannot be held liable for any damages or thefts that could occur during the use of the different parking areas – official or not.
STO Shuttle Service
Sound of Light Shuttle Service
- Lines 31, 33, 35, 37, 39, 55, 59, 67 and 400 stop at a walking distance of the event.
- Visit the STO’s web site to figure out all of your options
SOUND OF LIGHT SHUTTLE
- Service offered from Provigo on Plateau and Robert-Guertin Centre Park-and Ride
|Provigo on Plateau|
|Robert-Guertin Centre Park-and Ride|
|6:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|7:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|7:30 PM||7:30 PM|
|8:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|Last departure 8:30 PM||Last departure 8:30 PM|
|Provigo on Plateau|
|Last departure 8:30 PM|
- Regular rates apply to go on site ($3.90 in cash or STO tickets and passes are accepted)
- Family rates apply every day during August
- From the bus stops near site, the Return is free upon showing the Sound of Light’s admission bracelet. Otherwise, normal rates will apply.
EXCEPTIONNALY FOR 2017
The shuttle service MosaïCanada will continuously assure the travel between the Robert-Guertin Centre Park-and Ride and the Canadian Museum of History (passing by Vieux-Hull), during Saturdays evenings at an estimate frequency of 10 minutes. The last departure from the museum is estimated at 10:47 PM. This service is a courtesy of STO within the festivities of Canada 150th.
Every detail is available on sto.ca/event
- For the admissible person, the adapted transport is a valid option to get to the event. Regular rates apply.
Return trips from the Canadian Museum of History to the pick-up points will begin right after the fireworks, with the last trip leaving at 10:15 PM.
The frequency of the continuous service will be modulated according to the temperature and ridership.
CONSULT THE STO WEB PAGE
Thank you for taking the bus to get to the Sound of Light.
NEW! Get to the event via the STO’s Regular Service
Get your personalized trip plan to get to the Canadian Museum of History with Plani-bus
Get to one of our regular Park and Ride sites to get to the Canadian Museum of History :
Les Promenades Park and Ride
– Route 57
De la Gappe and Labrosse Park and Ride
– Route 400, every 15 minutes
After the fireworks
Special trips added for Routes 37, 57, 59 and 400 leaving from the Museum.
Regular rates apply
Regular STO tickets and passes accepted
Valid every day of July and August after 9 AM. Kids travel for FREE! See website for details and conditions.
For people with limited mobility or families with strollers, we strongly recommend the use of the entrance at the corner of Victoria and Laurier Street. The pathway lead you directly to the heart of the site. The use of parking lots near that entrance (City Hall, Notre-Dame, surrounding streets, etc.) is also recommended.
The main entrance of the museum (between both buildings) is strongly discouraged, because there is a grand staircase to get to the museum’s back yard.
In order to take advantage of parking spaces for those using wheelchairs (level P1 in the parking lot of the Museum), you must arrive early. These spaces are available on a “first come, first served” basis.